Features and Benefits
- IRIG-B time-synchronization module
- Universal PCI expansion module
- 4-port 10/100 Mbps LAN module
- 4-port 100 Mbps Fiber LAN module
- 8-port 10/100 Mbps unmanaged switch module
- 8-port RS-422/485 serial module with terminal block connectors
- 8-port RS-232/422/485 software-selectable serial modules with isolation protection
- Fully compatible with Moxa embedded computers that have peripheral expansion slots
Moxa’s peripheral expansion modules, which come with serial ports, LAN ports, switch ports, fiber ports, time-synchronization IRIG-B ports, and PCI slots, give end-users the greatest flexibility for setting up industrial applications and are fully compatible with Moxa’s embedded computers that have perpheral expansion slots.
The serial port modules include an 8-port RS-232/422/485 module with either DB9 or terminal block connectors, and an 8-port RS- 422/485 module with terminal block connectors. Some modules are even designed with 2 kV digital isolation, making them fully suitable for the great demands of industrial applications that use serial communication. In addition, a 4-port LAN module, 8-port switch module, and 4-port fiber LAN module are available for setting up industrial communication applications with Ethernet-based devices. A universal PCI development kit is also available for PCI-based devices for expanding industrial applications at a reasonable cost.
The time-synchronization module features 3 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs and provides precision timing information using IRIG-B input signals. The module is designed for embedded computers that support the PCI/104 interface.
All modules are designed to offer the greatest flexibility for setting up applications and performing industrial tasks. In particular, users can swap out modules quickly and easily.