Features and Benefits
- VDSL2 high-speed long distance copper connections; up to
300 m at 100 Mbps and up to 3 km at 1 Mbps over twisted-pair
- Automatic CO/CPE negotiation reduces configuration time
- Turbo Ring / Turbo Chain on both Fast Ethernet and VDSL2 ports for fast recovery
- Controllable bypass mode on VDSL2 ports gives higher availability in a daisy chain topology
- Flexible deployment with 2-pin or RJ11/45 connector on VDSL2 ports
- Easy network management by web browser, Telnet/serial console, Windows utility, ABC-02, and MXview
The IEX-408E-2VDSL2 is an industrial managed Ethernet extender switch for establishing long distance Ethernet transmissions over twisted-pair copper wiring. This product can easily be linked in series to form a long distance multi-drop configuration, with one IEX-408E-2VDSL2 unit located at each drop-point. Adjacent drop points can be separated theoretically by up to 3 km, with a transmission speed of 1 Mbps achieved using a VDSL2 connection (with a connection distance of 300 m, a transmission speed of 100 Mbps can be theoretically achieved).
Each IEX-408E-2VDSL2 unit provides six 10/100BaseT(X) and two DSL ports, giving users an incredible amount of flexibility for linking together a wide variety of devices separated by vast distances. Ethernet redundancy is provided by Turbo Ring, Turbo Chain, RSTP/ STP, and MSTP, and a state-of-the-art controllable bypass solution on the DSL ports increases the system reliability and availability of your network. The IEX-408E-2VDSL2 series also supports advanced management and security features. It is the perfect solution for reducing the cost of establishing new network cable installations using existing twisted-pair copper wiring to extend copper cable networks beyond the conventional distance limitations imposed by the Ethernet protocol.