Features and Benefits
- 8 10/100/1000BaseT(X) ports and 4 100/1000BaseSFP ports
- 8 IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standard ports
• 36-watt output per PoE+ port in high-power mode
• Intelligent PoE power management functions
- Operate with 240 watts full PoE+ loading at -40 to 75°C
- Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 20 ms @ 250 switches), RSTP/STP, and MSTP for network redundancy
- Security features based on IEC-62443
- Supports MXstudio for easy, visualized industrial network management
- V-ON™ ensures millisecond-level multicast data and video network recovery
The EDS-G512E-8PoE Series are full gigabit managed PoE+ Ethernet switches that come standard with 8 10/100/1000BaseT(X), 802.3af (PoE), and 802.3at (PoE+)-compliant Ethernet ports, and up to 4 fiber optic ports.
With the gigabit Ethernet PoE+ ports, it is perfect for high bandwidth PD device communications, such as IEEE 802.11n and IEEE 802.1ac wireless access points and high resolution GigE machine vision cameras for tolling systems. It can provide up to 30 watts of power per PoE+ port in standard mode and allow high power output of up to 36 watts for industrial heavy-duty PoE devices, such as weather-proof IP surveillance cameras with wipers/heaters, and rugged IP phones.
The EDS-G512E-8PoE Ethernet switches are highly versatile, and the SFP fiber ports can transmit data up to 120 km from the device to the control center with high EMI immunity. The Ethernet switches support a variety of management functions, including STP/RSTP, Turbo Ring, Turbo Chain, PoE power management, PoE device auto-checking, PoE power scheduling, IGMP, VLAN, QoS, RMON, bandwidth management, and port mirroring.