Features and Benefits
- Over 800 kbps data throughput for top performance
- 921.6 kbps maximum baudrate for super fast data transmission
- ADDC® provides automatic data direction control for RS-485 signals
- Transmit data up to 1.2 km with RS-422/485
- 128-byte FIFO and on-chip S/W flow control
- Compatible with 3.3/5 V PCI and PCI-X
- Drivers provided for a broad selection of operating systems, including the latest Windows and Linux
- MD1 low profile form factor fits small-sized PCs
- Wide temperature model available for -40 to 85°C environments
The CP-132UL and CP-132UL-I are 2-port Universal PCI boards designed for industrial automation applications that require a long distance, multi-point, PC-based data acquisition solution.
On-chip Automatic Data Direction Control for precision RS-485 communication
RS-485 communication requires precise timing control to enable and disable the line driver. Moxa’s Turbo Serial Engine™ chip that powers the CP-132UL/UL-I boards comes with on-chip ADDC®, which makes RS-485 as easy to use as RS-232.
RS-485 multidrop for up to 31 devices within 1.2 km
The CP-132UL/UL-I Universal PCI boards have two RS-422/485 serial ports, both of which can achieve data rates up to 921.6 kbps. In RS-485 mode, the boards can connect up to 31 daisy-chained RS-485 devices within a range of 1.2 km. For long distance RS-485 communication, choose the CP-132UL-I model, which comes with 2 kV electrical isolation protection to prevent equipment damage.
Top Serial Performance
With 20-plus years of experience in serial board design, Moxa is now concentrating on a new high performance serial data transmission chip. The Turbo Serial Engine™ chip provides serial boards with a 128-byte FIFO, on-chip software flow control, and burst data mode. Thanks to the Turbo Serial Engine™, Moxa is able to offer the world’s best performing smart serial boards.
Drivers Provided for Windows, Linux, and Unix
Moxa continues to support a wide variety of operating systems, and the CP-132UL/UL-I boards are no exception. Reliable Windows COM and Linux/Unix TTY drivers are provided for all Moxa boards, and other operating systems, such as WEPOS, are also supported for embedded integration.