Features and Benefits
- Secure operation modes for Real COM, TCP Server, TCP Client, Pair Connection, Terminal, and Reverse Terminal
- Non-standard baudrates supported with high precision
- Choice of network medium: 10/100BaseT(X) or 100BaseFX
- Enhanced remote configuration with HTTPS and SSH
- Port buffers for storing serial data when the Ethernet is off-line
- Supports IPv6
- Generic serial commands supported in Command-by-Command mode
The 2-port NPort® 6250 device servers use the SSL and SSH protocols to transmit encrypted serial data over Ethernet. Models are available for connecting to a 10/100BaseT(X) copper Ethernet or 100BaseT(X) fiber network. Both single-mode and multi-mode fiber are supported.
Zero Data Loss if Ethernet Connection Fails
The NPort® 6250 device servers help guarantee reliability by providing users with secure serial-to-Ethernet data transmission and a customer-oriented hardware design. If the Ethernet connection fails, the NPort® 6250 will queue all serial data in its internal 64 KB port buffer. When the Ethernet connection is re-established, the NPort® 6250 will immediately release all of the data in the buffer in the order that it was received. Users can increase the port buffer size by installing an SD card.
Unit: mm (inch)