Features and Benefits
- 4-port RS-232/422/485 serial device server
- Serial QoS for configuring serial data transmission priority
- 2 kV (DC) isolation protection for each serial port (S8455 only)
- Adjustable pull high/low resistor for RS-485 ports (S8455 only)
- Built-in managed Ethernet switch
- S8455: Two fiber Ethernet ports and three Ethernet ports
- S8458: Four fiber Ethernet ports and four Ethernet ports
- Ethernet redundancy with Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 20 ms) or RSTP/STP (IEEE 802.1w/D) supported
- QoS, IGMP-snooping/GMRP, VLAN, LACP, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, RMON supported
- Surge protection for serial, power, and Ethernet
The NPort S8455/S8458 series combines an industrial device server with a full-function managed Ethernet switch by integrating a combination of fiber and Ethernet ports with 4 RS-232/422/485 serial ports, allowing you to easily install, manage, and maintain the product. Combining a device server and switch in one product allows you to save space in your cabinet, reduce overall power consumption, and reduce costs, since you will not need to purchase a switch and serial device server separately.
Supports the Full Range of NPort 5000 Series Device Server Functions
The NPort S8455/S8458 series supports the complete array of NPort 5000 series device server functions. You can network your existing serial devices by connecting up to 4 serial devices through Ethernet ports, with only basic configuration required. In addition, data transmission between the serial and Ethernet interfaces is
Full-function Managed Ethernet Switch
The NPort S8455/S8458 series has a built-in full-function managed Ethernet switch that supports QoS, IGMP-snooping/GMRP, VLAN, Port Trunking, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, and IEEE 802.1X, allowing you to handle virtually any kind of application. Ethernet redundancy, which is used to increase the reliability and availability of your industrial Ethernet network, is provided by Moxa’s Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain technology (recovery time < 20 ms) or RSTP/STP (IEEE 802.1w/D).
Ring Redundancy at the Device Level
Device level communication networks for industrial automation are very critical since they are used to control and monitor device processes. The reliability of these communications depends on ring redundancy at the device level. which is designed to provide fast network fault detection and reconfiguration in order to support the most demanding control applications. The NPort S8455/S8458 series integrates a full function NPort device server with an industrial switch to carry serial and Ethernet devices at the same time. In addition, the NPort S8455/S8458 can also achieve ring redundancy with standard STP/RSTP and Moxa’s proprietary Turbo Ring or Turbo Chain 2 redundancy protocols. This all-in-one design can be used to optimize and simplify your device network, and enhance reliability.