Features and Benefits
- Transmits data for up to 40 km over optical fiber
- Converts CAN signals to fiber and vice versa
- Supports CAN 2.0A, CAN 2.0B, and CAN FD; conforms with the ISO 11898 standard
- CAN 2.0 supports auto-baudrate
- CAN 2.0 arbitration rate up to 1 Mbps
- CAN FD arbitration rate up to 1 Mbps; data rate up to 5 Mbps
- Dual power inputs for redundancy
- Wide-temperature model available for -40 to 75°C environments
- DIP switch for 120-ohm terminal resistance
- Rotary switches for CAN 2.0/CAN FD arbitration and data rate configuration
- LEDs for CAN bus diagnostics, fiber diagnostics, and power input status
The ICF-1171I Series CAN-to-fiber converters are used in pairs toconnect two CAN 2.0 or two CAN FD devices or networks via single-modeor multi-mode optical fiber. The ICF-1171I provides 2-kV isolationprotection for the CAN interface and dual power inputs to ensure thatyour CANbus system will work uninterrupted.
Extend the CAN Bus Transmission Distance
The total transmission distance of a CAN 2.0 or CAN FD system canbe extended by 2 km (multi-mode fiber) or by 40 km (single-mode fiber)using ICF-1171I converters, regardless of the CAN baudrate.
Easily Fulfil Various Communication Scenarios
Two CAN 2.0 networks or CAN FD networks can communicate with eachother using different baudrates. The ICF-1171I converters can automaticallydetect the baudrate of the connected CAN 2.0 device and apply thebaudrate to itself. Therefore, users do not need to know the baudrateof the connected CAN 2.0 device. This is an extremely convenient feature.Baudrates can also be set to a predefined value via rotary switches.
Easily Troubleshoot Communication Issues
It is easy to check if an issue exists on the CAN bus or the Fiberlink. The ICF-1171I converters are provided with LEDs that indicatethe fiber link state, fiber communication status, CAN bus state, andCAN bus communication status.