Please contact us via email@example.com or 888-908-3330 for other product options.
- Protocol conversion between Modbus and PROFIBUS
- Supports PROFIBUS DP V0 slave
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII master and slave
- Windows utilities with innovative QuickLink function for automatic configuration within minutes
- Status monitoring and fault protection for easy maintenance
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- Supports redundant dual DC power inputs and 1 relay output
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection (for "-I" models)
The MGate 4101-MB-PBS gateway provides a communication portal between PROFIBUS PLCs (e.g., Siemens S7-400 and S7-300 PLCs) and Modbus devices. With the QuickLink feature, I/O mapping can be accomplished within a matter of minutes. All models are protected with a rugged metallic casing, are DIN-rail mountable, and offer optional built-in optical isolation.
QuickLink and Windows Utilities for Easy Setup and Traffic Monitoring
The QuickLink windows utility uses a serial console port to connect to the MGate 4101-MB-PBS and makes configuration and operation as easy as possible. QuickLink can finish the configuration in just a few minutes by passively detecting Modbus requests with the AutoLearning function, and performs error-free I/O mapping with the AutoMapping feature. QuickLink drastically reduces Modbus-to-PROFIBUS integration time when compared to conventional I/O mapping, which can easily require days to complete. Additionally, embedded monitoring tools can maintain logs of Modbus communication packets and assist in troubleshooting.
Redundant Power Inputs
The MGate 4101-MB-PBS has dual power inputs for greater reliability. The power inputs allow simultaneous connection to 2 live DC power sources, so that continuous operation is provided even if one power source fails. The higher level of reliability makes these advanced Modbus-to-PROFIBUS gateways ideal for demanding industrial applications.
Warning by Relay Output
A relay output is provided for the power input status. The relay output gives maintenance engineers an additional tool for troubleshooting and maintenance.