MGate 5114MGate 5114 Series
Features and Benefits
- Protocol conversion between Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, IEC 60870-5-101, and IEC 60870-5-104
- Supports IEC 60870-5-101 master/slave (balanced/unbalanced)
- Supports IEC 60870-5-104 client/server
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP master/client and slave/server
- Effortless configuration via web-based wizard
- Status monitoring and fault protection for easy maintenance
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- microSD card for configuration backup/duplication and event logs
- Built-in Ethernet cascading for easy wiring
- Redundant dual DC power inputs and relay output
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Security features based on IEC 62443
The MGate 5114 is an industrial Ethernet gatewaywith 2 Ethernet ports and 1 RS-232/422/485 serial port for ModbusRTU/ASCII/TCP, IEC 60870-5-101, and IEC 60870-5-104 network communications.By integrating commonly used power protocols, the MGate 5114 providesthe flexibility needed to fulfill the various conditions that arisewith field devices that use different communications protocols toconnect to a power SCADA system. To integrate Modbus or IEC 60870-5-101devices onto an IEC 60870-5-104 network, use the MGate 5114 as a Modbusmaster/client or IEC 60870-5-101 master to collect data and exchangedata with IEC 60870-5-104 systems.
Easy Configurationvia Web Console
The MGate 5114 Series comes with an illustrated Quick Setup guidedesigned to make configuration easy. With Quick Setup, you can easilyaccess protocol conversion modes and finish the configuration in afew steps.
Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCPProtocol Traffic Monitor
MGate 5114 Series gateways support Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP, IEC 60870-5-101,and IEC 60870-5-104 Protocol Traffic Monitor for easy troubleshooting,especially during the installation stage. It is worth mentioning thattraffic logs can be viewed in the popular troubleshooting tool, Wireshark.With this feature, you can easily analyze traffic to determine theroot cause of a problem.
MGate 5114 gateways support a system log function that records eventsin the MGate; users can easily review log data remotely through theweb console. The gateways also support status monitoring and faultprotection functions. The status monitoring function notifies a PSCADAsystem when a device gets disconnected or does not respond, in whichcase the PSCADA system gets the status of each end device and thenissues alarms to notify operators.