Features and Benefits
- Multiple interface type 4-port modules for greater versatility
- Tool-free design for effortlessly adding or replacing modules without shutting down the switch
- Ultra-compact size and multiple mounting options for flexible installation
- Passive backplane to minimize maintenance efforts
- Rugged die-cast design for use in harsh environments
- Intuitive, HTML5-based web interface for a seamless experience across different platforms
The MDS-G4020Series modular switches support up to 20 Gigabit ports, including4 embedded ports, 4 interface module expansion slots, and 2 powermodule slots to ensure sufficient flexibility for a variety of applications. Thehighly compact MDS-G4000 Series is designed to meet evolving networkrequirements, ensuring effortless installation and maintenance, andfeatures a hot-swappable module design that enables you to easilychange or add modules without shutting down the switch or interruptingnetwork operations.
Themultiple Ethernet modules (RJ45, SFP, and PoE+) and power units (24/48VDC, 110/220 VAC/VDC) provide even greater flexibility as well assuitability for different operating conditions, delivering an adaptivefull Gigabit platform that provides the versatility and bandwidthnecessary to serve as an Ethernet aggregation/edge switch. Featuringa compact design that fits in confined spaces, multiple mounting methods,and convenient tool-free module installation, the MDS-G4000 Seriesswitches enable versatile and effortless deployment without the needfor highly skilled engineers. With multiple industry certificationsand a highly durable housing, the MDS-G4000 Series can reliably operatein tough and hazardous environments such as power substations, miningsites, ITS, and oil and gas applications. Support for dual power modulesprovides redundancy for high reliability and availability while LVand HV power module options offer additional flexibility to accommodatethe power requirements of different applications.
In addition, the MDS-G4000 Series features anHTML5–based, user-friendly web interface providing a responsive, smoothuser experience across different platforms and browsers.