MGate 5105-MB-EIP Series
Features and Benefits
- Connects fieldbus data to cloud through generic MQTT
- Supports MQTT connection with built-in device SDKs to Azure/Alibaba Cloud
- Protocol conversion between Modbus and EtherNet/IP
- Supports EtherNet/IP Scanner/Adapter
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP master/client and slave/server
- Supports MQTT connection with TLS and certificate in JSON and Raw data format
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting and cloud data transmission for cost evaluation and analysis
- microSD card for configuration backup/duplication and event logs, and data buffering when cloud connection is lost
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature models available
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Security features based on IEC 62443
The MGate 5105-MB-EIP is an industrial Ethernetgateway for Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP and EtherNet/IP network communicationswith IIoT applications, based on MQTT or third-party cloud services,such as Azure and Alibaba Cloud. To integrate existing Modbus devicesonto an EtherNet/IP network, use the MGate 5105-MB-EIP as a Modbusmaster or slave to collect data and exchange data with EtherNet/IPdevices. The latest exchange data will be stored in the gateway aswell. The gateway converts stored Modbus data into EtherNet/IP packetsso the EtherNet/IP scanner can control or monitor Modbus devices.The MQTT standard with supported cloud solutions on the MGate 5105-MB-EIPleverages advanced security, configuration, and diagnostics to troubleshoottechnologies to deliver scalable and extensible solutions that aresuitable for remote monitoring applications such as energy managementand assets management.
Configuration Backup via microSD Card
The MGate 5105-MB-EIP is equipped with a microSD card slot. A microSD card can be used to back up both the system configuration and system log, and can be used to conveniently copy the same configuration to several MGate 5105-MP-EIP units. The configuration file stored in the microSD card will be copied to the MGate itself when the system is rebooted.
Effortless Configuration and Troubleshooting via Web Console
The MGate 5105-MB-EIP also provides a web console to make configuration easy without having to install an extra utility. Simply log in as an administrator to access all settings, or as a general user with read-only permission. Besides configuring basic protocol settings, you can use the web console to monitor I/O data values and transfers. In particular, I/O Data Mapping shows data addresses for both protocols in the gateway’s memory, and I/O Data View allows you to track data values for online nodes. Moreover, diagnostics and communication analysis for each protocol can also provide helpful information for troubleshooting.
Redundant Power Inputs
The MGate 5105-MB-EIP has dual power inputs for greater reliability. The power inputs allow simultaneous connection to 2 live DC power sources, so that continuous operation is provided even if one power source fails. The higher level of reliability makes these advanced Modbus-to-EtherNet/IP gateways ideal for demanding industrial applications.